Ready to submit?
- Submit your project proposal
Sorry, we are unable to accept any author unsolicited manuscripts at present. Thank you for thinking of Harbour Publishing for your submission. Please read our submission guidelines and notes on this page for future reference.
1. All work must be submitted in Word or PDF format in Times New Roman 12point, double spaced with standard sized margins.
2. Prepare the first 100 pages of the manuscript (or up to 50 pages for children’s fiction) as per point one.
a. In a separate Word or PDF document, prepare a one page synopsis (no more than 300 words) of your work.
b. If submitting a children’s picture book, please send the text as a separate document to any illustrations.
c. If sending illustrations, please ensure they are in a low resolution format, such as jpeg or PDF files. Only send two or three illustrations that best exemplify yourwork.
3. Attach a covering letter that contains the following information:
• your name and contact details
• a brief biography of yourself, including any publication history, if relevant • the title and total word count of your manuscript
• who you believe will want to buy and read your work and why
• how your work would stand out in your target market
• any marketing/PR advantages you can offer to help promote your work
4. Please send the above via email to email@example.com with the work title and author name in the Subject box.
5. HPH only accepts digital submissions at this stage. If we desire to see the completed manuscript and illustrations (where relevant) it may be appropriate to send hard copy. We shall advise if we feel this is the case.
6. Due to the volume of submissions, HPH’s policy is not to issue a record of receipt. However, we will advise our level of interest via return email as soon as practicable.
Sorry, submissions are closed at present & will re-open Feb 1st 2019.
Literary fiction and non-fiction
novels, and narrative non-fiction only
Children\'s books and young adult
picture books, junior and middle grade fiction, young adult/crossover fiction
history, memoir, mind body spirit, travel, health, diet, biography, cooking, photography